Saturday, February 20, 2010

Walking

I like walking! Great exercise!! But I prefer to walk on solid ground. Since we have been here we have walked on several inches of snow, a solid sheet of ice, dirty slush and now water puddles everywhere. The taxi driver's fear no evil!! We were coming back to Shpola (shit-hole-a)today and our driver was a maniac!! He was flying through very deep water and I was praying in the back seat for a total of one hour for our safety. Has no one here heard the word HYDROPLANE!! It is amazing to me that we do not see tons of wrecks. The taxi driver that brought us back today is the same taxi driver that the other Indiana families have been using in Cherkassy. His name is Sergey and he is a super nice guy. He kept trying to have a conversation with us but we had no clue what he was saying. It didn't seem to matter, we just would laugh. We went to see the kids today after not seeing them for a week. They were happy to see us, but there was no place to spend "alone" time today. We were in a room with 10-15 other children. There was a missionary group from a Cherkassy Baptist church there today playing games and singing with the kids. We were able to spend time with a couple of our kids friends. Jayson's friend was Denic (Denise) and Alison's friend was Oksana. If I could stick both of them in a suitcase and bring them home as well...I WOULD!! Such beautiful children. Oksana was teaching us how to write our names in Ukraine and Denic just kept smiling at us. I am taking our camera Sunday to get some pictures of them. Maybe we will be able to find these two homes!! I have no clue if they are available for adoption but if I could just show their beautiful faces to others, maybe, just maybe someone could find it in their hearts to give those two a chance! Sunday will be our kids last full day in the orphanage. A place that they have known for four years. I am excited to be getting them forever on Monday morning but sad too. We are taking them from very close friends which they consider a family! I am sure there will be tears. Most likely from me. Wishing that I had a bigger home and a larger income to be able to bring more than just two children home!! When we were leaving our kids kissed us went on their way, but Oksana walked us out to the car, hugging me the whole way. She was trying to tell me something as I was getting in the taxi. I think she was asking if she could come too...to America :(

No comments:

Post a Comment