Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Challeges of Today

There were so many challenges I don't know where to begin. I guess the best part would be when we woke up because it was the best part of the day. We got up around 8 and spoke to both of the boys back home. Trent answered the phone 1 a.m. in the morning and said that him and Brandon were cleaning because they were having friends over Saturday night. We both had good conversations with the boys and all "seemed" well back home. So, at 11:00 a.m. we went to get Jayson and Alison to bring back to the apartment. We decided to have lunch here today. Pretty much everything we made or bought was nasty. Very dry bread, ham, what we think was bologna, chips, and some strange noodles. The kids ate it, me.....not so much. We discovered that five hours in this apartment was too long!! We had them change into their jammies for the day. Jayson's were too long, Alison's too short but they loved them. We thought that would eliminate some of the stench (not so much)!! I then decided to brush out Alison's hair in which she whined about the whole time. It was in knots and so very dirty!! I then think I seen lice but could have been my imagination!! Nonethe less I am calling Natasha tomorrow and telling her to have the orphanage treat both children immediately! The kids watched a few movies but then they began to get bored with that. Let me just say that there is only so much you can do in a one bedroom apartment with a kitchen the size of a closet!! Alison was jumping on beds and Jayson messed up the computer. It took all afternoon to get that fixed. I have to say that I was a bit relieved when it was time to take them back!! They are good kids but they are not used to the freedom they had and had a hard time minding us or understanding us for that matter. On the way back to the apartment it was freezing rain and the taxi was all over the place. He dropped us of at the cafe and because I am a dumb dumb head I forgot it was Saturday. A wedding!! Of course!!! So it is freezing rain and no cafe to have dinner so off to the yummy pastries with the mystery meat. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm!! Stopped at store to get chocolate!! Walked one mile home on solid ice and pouring rain. Oh yea, Pedestrians do not have right of way here so while crossing the road, if I would have slipped and fell, I would be dead!!! Obviously that did not happen or I would not be typing right now. So to end this wonderful blog. The chocolate that I so desperately needed was a bad choice. The chocolate taste like chocolate but has the consistency of dust!! While typing this I have realized that all these challenges were nothing compared to what Jesus went through for us!! He died on that cross for me, I think I can bear some bad chocolate and freezing rain!! Love All! Todd & Lori

1 comment:

  1. Lori,

    Even if you have the orphanage treat them for lice, they will not pick out any nits. If I were you, I would plan on treating them again the day you get them for good and look for nits! Trust me, you want it taken care of before you get home! If you didn't take medicine with you, they sell it in the pharmacies there, just have Natasha ask for it for you. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete