Friday, February 19, 2010

Missing our kids!

We are missing our kids back home and the kids in Shpola. We left Sunday to Cherkassy and return to Shpola tomorrow. We have been gone way too long and we miss them greatly. I miss my big hugs from my Trent and my Brandon's quirky little smile that he gives me. I miss the biggest dimples on the prettiest little blonde you have ever seen and just like my Trent, my Jayson gives great hugs!! Our kids, all so different but with the same last name!! God is Good!! We are a blessed family. I know that there will be many challenges ahead of us and even days that we will second guess our decision to go on this journey. But on those days those dimples and big hugs will get me through it!! We did not get the kids today, looks like it will be Monday. We should get everything done in Shpola on Monday and head back to Cherkassy that afternoon/evening. So that means only a few more days are needed in Shpola (Thank Goodness). I have been really sick for a few days but am feeling better now. Nothing worse than being sick away from home!! We went shopping today for the kids so that they will not be too angry with us for leaving for awhile. We purchased a little stuffed dog and bunny that are holding hearts and say "I love you". They are also musical and say something but I have no clue what. I am hoping it is "kid appropriate" whatever it is!! We are now just killing time before meeting everyone for dinner. After we are done at the Internet Cafe we will head over to McDonalds to get coffee and use the restroom(can't find restrooms everywhere like in America). When we first arrived in Ukraine I thought it was very clean. Now that the snow is melting I am realizing that it is actually pretty dirty! It is wet and soggy here and I think that is why I ended up with a head cold. My shoes are not waterproof and my feet got very wet!! Everyone take care and we will see you in a week!! WOOT WOOT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Not much longer now! Believe me, I know a week seems like a long time to you there but next week will fly by with all the running around you will be doing. We can't wait to see you all! Enjoy your last week!

    Love, Mark and Julie

    ReplyDelete