Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Groundhog Day part II with a twist

We headed off to our restaurant only to find out that they had a wedding party there and were not serving "regulars" tonight. So we had two choices. We could go into the grocery store and attempt to buy a few things to make back at our apartment or we could go to this little store that had pastries filled with who knows what and call it a day. Our choice: pastries!! We ordered several different types in which she warmed up in the microwave. They were not horrible but not near enough food for two people who had not ate all day!! So, we went to the grocery store as well. There we managed to get butter, cheese spread that I think is mushroom flavored(I will let you know later) and Lays potato chips. Tomorrow I am taking Jayson's little book with me and pointing to the pictures!! So we did not waste enough time on the clock today. It is just now 6:45 p.m. here and we are once again staring at the wall. I think I am getting God's word out and doing a little studying. Not sure what Todd will do! I do think we might have some water now so showers will be a must!! Natasha (our facilitator) called and said that we would know by 11:00 a.m. Tomorrow if we will have court or not! Nothing like waiting for the last minute!! She said that the paperwork needed for court is in Kyiv now but the SDA did not have it as of today. PLEASE PLEASE PRAY!! I am really ready to come home!!

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    You are cracking me up with your comments. Filled with "who knows what!" Yes, their pastries are not as good as other food items. Once, I looked at these chocolate pasteries in a display case for days. I could not take it any longer. I splurged and purchased one. Well, I guessed that the one that I had biten into was the same one in the display case that I saw days earlier! But are you getting Bortsch? You cannot beat their soups. Even many of their main dishes are good. Looking forward to the court update and starting the countdown with you. Lots of luck, electricity and water wishes to you.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete