Sunday, January 31, 2010

Live from Shpola, Ukraine

Hello Again.

Today we woke up around 9:00 a.m. and hung out for an hour here at the apartment. Todd was sick so Natasha and I went out shopping in the few stores that are here in Shpola. I found a few books for the kids. Bought them a toy to take to the orphanage and then we came back, grabbed their book bags and headed to see them. I took potato chips, juice and skittles for a snack. We also took lots of banana's to share with the other children. Todd did not go with us to see the kids today. He has a horrible head cold so Natasha made him stay in bed and drink hot tea w/honey. She is younger than we are but she acts like our mom sometimes (it is quite cute). When we arrived at the orphanage Losha was right there waiting as usual. We however, could not find our little princess anywhere. She finally showed up in the toy room and we asked her were she was. She said that her friend was helping her get her hair pretty for her mom and dad. It was very cute!! Gosh I love my kids! There are always lots of dogs running around the orphanage property. All of them are so sweet. The kids love playing with them. Also, the property is so beautiful. The snow is everywhere and it is all wooded. I can't even describe it. We vited several other children to join the play room with us. Mostly girls. Losha really did not appreciate the time the girls were taking away from him. He wanted all of my attention. Ira was not the least bit concerned about it. She is so laid back and did not mind sharing me at all. Losha would do something and scream "momma" "momma" so that I would look at him. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!

1 comment:

  1. Lori,

    I am so glad you are enjoying this time to get to know your children a little better. Thank you for giving those pictures to Luba's teacher and reassuring her that she is still in one piece!!! I hope Todd feels better. I know Natasha will take good care of him, and you too! Let us know how everything goes with the interpol stuff. Still praying!

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete